The following are my itineraries:
Tuesday 27th Dec 2011
- Leave Altona early in the morning.
- Toilet stop at Terang.
- Lunch stop at Port Fairy, a walk along Fisherman's Wharf and a photo shoot at the South Beach.
- Photo shoot at the Codrington Wind Farm.
- Visit the WWII Memorial Lookout Tower in Portland.
- Take a photo of the Whaler's Bluff Lighthouse.
- Visit Portland Maritime Discovery and Information Centre.
- Stroll along Portland Marina.
- Drive on the Lee Breakwater to view Nuns Beach.
- Do some shopping in Safeway, Aldi and Target in Portland.
- Check in at holiday house in Cape Bridgewater.
- Visit the Petrified Forest and Blowhole after dinner.
Wednesday 28th Dec 2011
- Visit Bridgewater Lakes, Discovery Bay and Tarragal Limestone Caves in the morning.
- Had lunch at Portland Botanic Garden.
- Visit Cape Nelson Lighthouse, Enchanted Forest and Yellow Rock in the afternoon.
Thursday 29th Dec 2011
- Drive to Port Fairy.
- Took a photo of Yambuk Inn and visit The Crags on the way. Saw a platypus at The Crags.
- Visit the Port Fairy Information Centre.
- Had lunch at Charlie's on East Restaurant overlooking the Port Fairy Bay and East Beach.
- Visit Griffiths Island. Walked from entrance to the Lighthouse. Unable to complete the circuit round the island as the walking tracks are unsuitable for pram. Saw a few wallabies and lots of butterflies.
- Took a photo of the "Notorious" ship at Martin's Point and a walk along Moyne River/Fisherman's Wharf.
- Visit Yambuk Lake on the return journey. Encountered sheep herding across the Yambuk Lake Road. Had a thrilling descent down the Yambuk Slide.
Friday 30th Dec 2011
- Did the Seal Caves Scenic Walk early in the morning. Unfornately, this may not be the right timing to see the seals.
- Spend the morning at Bridgewater Beach.
- In the afternoon, drive to Nelson and take the walking trail round Livingstone Island.
- Drive further west to cross the border into South Australia.
- Visited Crater Lakes (Blue Lake, Valley Lake and Leg of the Mutton Lake) in Mount Gambier.
- Had dinner at a Malaysian restaurant in Mount Gambier.
Saturday 31th Dec 2011
- Checked out of the holiday house at Cape Bridgewater and embarked on the return journey.
- Visited Tower Hill Reserve and had lunch there. Saw emus and a koala at the reserve.
- Arrived at Warrnambool Information Centre. Took a photo of the Flagstaff Maritime Village there.
- Visited Warrnambool Breakwater and Stingray Bay. Viewed the Middle and Merri Islands and Merri River.
- Walked along the path to Pickering Point in Thunder Point Coastal Reserve.
- Went to Lake Pertobe Adventure Playground for the kids to play around.
- Bought some fruits and a roast chicken at Safeway and topped up our petrol.
- Had an early dinner at MacDonald as I guess that this is the only place that is open on New Year Eve.
- Made photo stops at Terang and Camperdown.
- Finally reached our Altona home at about 9.20 p.m.
I have taken plenty of photos and videos, which I will put up in this blog with the travel information later on. I will also update this post with links to the various places mentioned in the itinerary above.